Sunday, 6 January 2008

There are some perks to being a nurse...

... and sometimes coppers do have a heart.

Mrs Didactophobe was recently caught speeding, doing 38mph in a 30 limit. The police officer who was holding the speed gun approached the car and went through the usual rigmarole. He scolded my wife and told her that he would have booked her if she had been doing 40mph. In response to being told that she had no points on her licence, his reaction was "What you mean is, you haven't been caught yet". Sarcy sod, but probably true enough.

Mrs D is absolutely certain that the only reason she didn't get booked was that he saw her uniform and that she had told him she was on her way to work. He was of Chinese appearance, and the only Chinese policeman I know of locally was in my year at school. I don't know if it was him, but if it was, good on you! What was he like at school? Let's say, I think the police was a good career choice for him. Make of that what you will.

No comments: