Saturday, 6 September 2008

If they are truly religious, why are they in jail?

That is my reaction to this story in The Sun.

£25,000 of taxpayers' money being squandered on keeping Muslim criminals' dinner warm during Ramadan: inmates include convicted terrorists and the vile Abu Hamza.

I am a simple soul, but to my mind there are two possibilities:

1. Islam is a religion of peace, therefore these criminals are not true Muslims and there is no need to protect their rights to worship.

2. Islam is not a religion of peace, these criminals are true Muslims and there is a need to actively restrict Muslims' right to worship.

For the life of me, I really cannot see an alternative to the above. Either way, this is a monstrous kick in the teeth to elderly people who could use some of the money to heat their homes and to the victims and their families of these criminals.

No comments: